Tractor mower engines

I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you think is better?
Thanks in advance.

I paid extra for a Kohler engine in my 42" Craftsamn mower. It has issues, such as oil leaks and noisy hydraulic tappets. Given a second chance I would go with a B&S engine.

Both are decent engines, however it being a garden tractor with a 46" mower, personally I'd prefer a 2 cyl engine over a 1 cyl.
Red
Red wrote:

Yeah, the 2 cyl would give me 24 hp, vs 22 on the single cyl.
FDR wrote:

Which Kohler?
--
Art