Tractor graveyard?

What happens to dead lawn tractors? I need some parts for my ancient Sears mowing deck. Sears doesn't sell parts anymore but there must be a mower junk yard somewhere. Can anyone point me to such a place in the Boston area? TIA

In our state it's called a Transfer Station (used to be dump). Sears mower decks have a reputation for rusting apart - so even if you found one it probably wouldn't be in any better shape than yours.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Mine's not in all that bad shape. I need replacements for the hardware that mounts the crossed blades on each mandrel. But I could revert to a single blade on each side, the configuration before I added the grass catcher. And I need a replacement right headlight lens for the tractor.
Note my tractor is only 17 years old so it hasn't had time to decay an awful lot.
Also, is it legal to put things containing oil into a landfill?

Good point. The local rule at the "transfer station" is you have to drain the oil and gas out and leave the plugs / caps off.
But the transfer station is not a landfill. They crush the metal and sell it for scrap to recycle.
BTW, most 17 yo Sears decks are rotted out.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Well, just today I found a local welding and metal fab shop that is fixing the fans after I tried to mow some rocks. But there is no rust on the chariot. I noticed some loud backfires recently so I may be up for a valve job or engine replacement. I believe Sears still has the 12 hp Tecumseh engine available. But just about anything will do.
try www.agri-supply.com