topping pine tree

can a about 35' tall pine tree have about 10' cut from the top and still live and do well. I have this pine that is just too tall and want to know if I cut off the top ten feet will it live.I know very little about plants.also any info. on trimming holly bushes back would help,I have holly used as a hedge row and it has just gotten way to big. thanks for any help.

You can cut Holly back as far as you want and it will recover. The stuff is almost impossible to kill.
You can top the pine, but it'll always look like a tree someone has butchered. Over the long hall, you'll do better by taking down the pine and planting something that will grow to the size you desire.
On 4/1/06 8:36 PM, in article 00FXf.668359$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, "gg"

You're just looking for cheap Christmas trimmings! <g>