Tomato Rot?

I have notice that one of my tomatoes has developed rot at the bottom of this tomato.

The tomato plant is a Aunt Ruby's German Green. The outdoor temperature has been in the high 90's. No others are showing this problem.

Is this just a bad tomato or should I be worried about this problem?

Moe Jones

"Blossom End Rot" is a very common disease. It is caused by dry spells and lack of calcium. Try using a sprinkler hose and putting crushed egg shells around each plant.

Reply to
Stubby

You could put some powered milk around the plant for quick fix but a little lime will take care of it for the rest of the summer. If you water, water the soil, not the leaves.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Reply to
Moe Jones