Toadstools

I have lots of toadstools that have recently appeared in my lawn, there appear to be 3 types.

I am in the UK and my garden backs onto open fields.

The house was built last year and the lawn was laid last November.

I have checked the ground below the areas with toadstools with a garden fork and there doesn't appear to be any debris.

Any ideas as to the cause and a cure?

Reply to
NSF

This is the time of year for mushrooms. You need to increase the pH of the soil using lime, not ground limestone. The latter might work but it will take decades -- buildings and statues are made from limestone.

Reply to
William W. Plummer