Toadstools

I have lots of toadstools that have recently appeared in my lawn, there appear to be 3 types.
I am in the UK and my garden backs onto open fields.
The house was built last year and the lawn was laid last November.
I have checked the ground below the areas with toadstools with a garden fork and there doesn't appear to be any debris.
Any ideas as to the cause and a cure?
NSF wrote:

the soil using lime, not ground limestone. The latter might work but it will take decades -- buildings and statues are made from limestone.