time to plant outside?

i live in rochester, ny (between buffalo and sewercuse). last year was my first attempt at gardening. this year i aim to improve. its getting kinda nice out and i am pondering....is it too early to put the 3-6" tall plants on my windowsill into the garden outside? if so, when? thanks

started a bunch of plants this year. some veggies some flowers. corn, maters, beans, peas, pumpkin, sunflowers, carrots, zuchinni, morning glories, alyssums, marigolds, some perenials (forgot the name) and my scarlet begonias (tucked into her curls). started them in those little planter flats on the window sill. now the tallest are around 10" tall (beans and peas)

if frost is in forecast.
The Schmankster said:

Did you start "all" of the above plants, indoors? Some don't take well to transplanting (carrots, corn). Some also like to be only sprouted, and then placed in the ground soon afterwards(peas).
How many corn plants are you putting out? (You'll need more than just a couple plants, they really need to be planted in a fairly large "block" in your garden.)
--
Eggs

-Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a

have 12 kern sprouts a growin :) i know a lil about corn. need a nice block so they can pollenate

forgot to answer the first part. yes i did start them all on the windowsill. the corn and beans and peas are in yogurt cups, everything else is in planters. did i screw up bad? how can i make the transistion from windowsill to mother earth easier on them? thanks for your help
The Schmankster said:

No, you didn't "screw up bad". =) If you only planted 12 kernels, you should still have more in the packet, in case the corn doesn't take well to the transplanting. Besides, successive plantings of corn will extend your harvest. ;) I think I'd worry more about how the carrots do, but they're fairly fast-growing, so you can still sow the seeds directly in the garden as soon as it warms up. When you transplant everything, make sure you harden them all off, first. And be quite gentle with the transplants when you put the plugs in the ground.
--
Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?
Lotta farmers in the past wonder the same. Depends when the last frost occurs. Also depends on where you plant in relation to sunrise sun direct rays are present or not on your plants. Roll your dice.
--
Jonny
"The Schmankster" < snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

They will be planted where the first rays of the day can hit them

We're just north of you, in Toronto, and we've started planting perenials but'll wait another 4 weeks before planting annuals.