The Pileated Woodpecker

My security cam caught the bugger that has been tearing up my old stump. http://360.yahoo.com/srgntbilko

Good pickin's. I get a kick out of the woodpeckers.. I have to hang the suet to attract them but it's worth it.

From the looks of all the wood chips on the ground that sucker must be loaded with bugs of some sort.

Could be. They are timid birds around the feeders and yet they scare the blue jays away. (good)
That woodpecker will kill trees. One made a hole competely through a wild cherry tree about 20 feet up and it broke off there in the next big wind.
SHOOT the suckers.