thatching blade for lawn mower

Has anyone heard of a thatching blade to put on a lawn mower? Are they easy to use? Are they even worth getting? Are they useful for ripping out dead moss? I know I ask alot about moss, but here in NW Washington, that's my main concern. Fast, quick, and easy moss removal. Any help is appreciated.

Clayton

"Do not shed your tears for me, I was not born to watch the world grow dim. For life is not determined in years, but rather by the deeds of men." - Unknown

Reply to
Clayton1970

Are they easy

ripping out dead

that's my

appreciated.

There are such blades for rotary mowers. My experience is that they do remove the thatch, but in the process, they beat the remaining grass to a pulp. This then demands careful raking while it "heals" to keep the grass from matting down and composting itself. If you do use one of these blades, run the mower at the slowest RPM possible, and never stop moving without lifting the blade from the ground.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Try Moss Out - sold at hardware stores in WA state.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba