Tecumseh carb

Any ideas on where to find a good used carb for an older HH60 Tecumseh. Mine literally broke off after the tiller and I got in an argument.

It's too old to spend the money on a new one!

Reply to
KK

A new one is probably less than $65.00, By the time you find a used on (if possible) and purchase a rebuild kit and spend time rebuilding i you could have the new one on and be done with it. Also there is a no serviceable check valve in that carb., If it's stuck you will hav wasted money on that used one

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob

Is anything else where the carb is mounted damaged or missing?

Reply to
Lil' Dave

No, nothing else got damaged. But the Carb broke at both bolt holes.

Reply to
KK

Thanks A lot for the info. I used to work on these quite a bit 20 years ago and I don't even remember being aware of that check valve... what is the check valves purpose?

Reply to
KK

If you remove the float bowl and look on the side of the carb. wher the main jet is you will see another area on the side running the ful length with what looks like a small BB in the end of it. inside thi area is a vacuum port area with a small BB inside. When the engine i not running this BB drops to the bottom and closes a port so you have rich start-up mixture, Once started the vacuum pulls the BB up to ope the port for a leaner fuel mixture to run. If this gets stuck it will cause a rich run condition all the time an run rough and hunt. I've tried years ago to open one up to clean an there's no way without destroying the carb. . Take car

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob