Suggestions Please

Hi Fellow Gardeners, I live in planting zone 8, in North East Florida.I am wanting to plant a colorful shrub or tree that will not bother the foundation of our house since it will be right next to it. It will be on the South side of the house with full sun. I would like something that has flowers most of the year and fragrant if possible. In other words, something that is pretty to look at, smells good, and lasts a long time and can with stand direct sunlight. Am I asking for the impossible? I have Azalias planted there now, but I want to take them out because they have never done well there. Thanks for any and all help. Sandy

Reply to
Bellsouth