"Striping" a lawn?

My next door neighbor has a lawn service mow his lawn. I notice this last time they mowed, they made the dark/light stripes.

I read an interview with a pro ballfield greenskeeper once, and he said that's done just by using a bar that leans the grass.

Is there something like this I can mount to my Dixon ZTR, or is this for "pro" level only?

They use a very expensive Walker mower on my neighbor's lawn.

Reply to
Mitch

It's done by using a reel type lawn mower (like the old non-motorized push lawnmowers). Motorized ones are expensive because they are for the commercial market. If you have a small area, you can buy one of the old non-motorized ones.

Reply to
RoyDMercer

I just read an article about that same topic. It said that the lawn is "rolled" with a small roller attached to the rear of the mower. you would mow back and forth and each direction would "roll" the blades of grass the opposite way.

Reply to
gntry

Yes, you're right. I didn't know they had those. I found a web site:

rollers create the same effect as a reel type lawn mower.

Reply to
RoyDMercer