strawberries

My husband sprayed my mom's strawberry plants with Round-up, but we were hoping to keep them, they are almost ready to start producing. If we washed the Round-up off, and they still survive, would they be safe to eat? TIA Carolyn
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

If the Roundup stayed on for more than a few minutes or so, then the strawberries will be pretty sick if not dead! So the question of fruit doesn't seem to be important. Roundup (Glyphosate) is supposedly non-toxic!!!! (But I wouldn't want to try it.#Regards Data
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Data wrote:

Well Round Up is just a percentage of glyphosate. Just curious where has it ever had a claim to be non toxic? Would consider it having low toxicity.
Lar
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Hi Lar Roundup is normally 7-8% glyphosate. In the initial stages of marketing, the reps have been known to drink some to prove it's non- toxicity! Not for me though I can tell you! :-) Data
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Henry & Carolyn said:

Unless you're made of plant material, the Glyphosate in that miniscule amount won't hurt you. ;)
How long has it been since they were sprayed? If it's already dry, I doubt you'll be able to "wash it off". ;)
--

Eggs

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...oh, wait a
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.