strawberries

My husband sprayed my mom's strawberry plants with Round-up, but we were hoping to keep them, they are almost ready to start producing. If we washed the Round-up off, and they still survive, would they be safe to eat? TIA Carolyn

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

If the Roundup stayed on for more than a few minutes or so, then the strawberries will be pretty sick if not dead! So the question of fruit doesn't seem to be important. Roundup (Glyphosate) is supposedly non-toxic!!!! (But I wouldn't want to try it.#Regards Data

Reply to
Data

Unless you're made of plant material, the Glyphosate in that miniscule amount won't hurt you. ;)

How long has it been since they were sprayed? If it's already dry, I doubt you'll be able to "wash it off". ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Well Round Up is just a percentage of glyphosate. Just curious where has it ever had a claim to be non toxic? Would consider it having low toxicity.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Hi Lar Roundup is normally 7-8% glyphosate. In the initial stages of marketing, the reps have been known to drink some to prove it's non- toxicity! Not for me though I can tell you! :-) Data

Reply to
Data