Stalling Snowblower - Update

Well, Since I am not an engine mechanic and all the 'easy' stuff didn't work, I loaded the snowblower into my van and took it to the "hospital". They think that the carborator will need to be rebuilt and it should cost less than $100, and take a week.
Thanks for all your ideas both the sensible and the funny.
All they will do is remove the bowl and clean the jets
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

If they have him convinced it has to be "rebuilt" (I laugh at that term) they will charge him for the kit - maybe replace the needle valve, gasket and an O ring.
Well, it didn't have to be rebuilt. They did in less than a day what I don't know how to do. I am usually a DIY, but not with gas engines.
And what would have happened if I broke it more?

very
that
back
Plus the butterfly valve, choke or primer bulb.
I agree, but I didn't want to chance it.
Thanks again for your insight.

That in itself, is important. I worked in an Aircraft Instrument Repair Shop and setting aside the "can do" attitude to really understand one's own limits took me a while to figure out.
Thanks for the compliment. It's not like I am not mechanically inclined or anything. I have taken model steam engines apart and repaired and rebuilt them. I was just hesitant about something that could do me great harm if I screwed up.

Yep, that's all they did. Drained the gas and put new in.
All for less than 50 bucks.
And it took less than a day too!!

Wait a moment. That came out wrong. The did remove the bowl and cleaned the jets and drained the gas and put in new. Whew!