Stalling snowblower

here is the winner

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

Replace it with a different model:

<bugler

Alternates are available:

<bugler

I wouldn't think the following on a two year old engine, but my 7 or 8 hp Tecumseh on an old snowblower has a problem with the intake manifold bolts working loose allowing air to be sucked in. This of course screws up the gas/air mix and the engine stalls out. I can tell it's happening when it requires that I run the engine with choke part way on to prevent stalling.

Tom

I'd find a place for that v8 snowblower if only to show off in front of the neighbors. Unfortunately, I bought this old blower after moving from AZ back to IL and then found out my uncle plows all of his family's drives free so he has something to do in the Winter.

Reply to
Tom

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought it would be just looking at the url. If I was going to go that route, I would indulge my interest in railroads and use a rail mounted rotary snow plow. But, alas and alack and lacking a lass, I have to stick with something that will fit in my garage along with the two cars.

Thanks for the chuckle anyway.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

Frank,

How did you make out with checking the spark plug? Still having problems?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

HI, Mike. I checked the plug. It was black but in desent shape and cleaned up easily. It was not the problem, however. I took the snowblower to the 'hospital' and they cleaned out the carb and had it ready the next day.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

Great. No more problems now after the carb clean?

Reply to
Mike