Sprinkler Valve Question

Hi. I'm having a problem with the sprinkler valve on my next door neighbor's system. It's an Irritrol 2711DPR valve...and it works fine loosening the "manual" screw... but when using the controller, the solenoid hums, a momentary gush of water comes out the sprinklers, then cuts back to just a trickle. All the rest of the sprinklers in all other zones work fine. Voltage is the same as at the other valves...26.3 vac. Could this be dirt in the valve? If so, why would it not affect performance on "manual"? If it is dirt, are Irritrol valves easy to disassemble?...and anybody have any idea what a small tab on the valve marked "<on-off>" does? Thanks in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Wrote:

Hi Im not experienced with the system but I was an irrigation tech a one time, solenoids are tricky beggers, some time something as simpl as loosening the valve will work but it could be dirt in the head tha is affecting it or in the valve at the base of the head? Actually tha sounds like you have a stone in the pipe bellow the head. I experience something similar do you have a swing arm going to the head? Isolate th system and unscrew the head, see if theres any thing down there. Yo could even turn the water on whilst the head is of this will blow an dirt out. Good luck
Turf do
-- turf doc