sprinkler systems

Does anyone know of a sprinkler system that has some logic built into it? I was thinking of a control system that would make use of some transducers that sense moisture levels and ensure that moisture levels stay within a certain range. The moisture level combined with the time of day would determine whether the sprinkler system is activated. Is there already a product out there to do this, or should I start designing my circuit now?
Thanks,
Matt

don't work very well.
--
I'll bring you precious contraband
And ancient tales from distant lands. -Steve Earle-

Start designing your circuit right now. Make sure you measure moisture levels in the soil, and at the appropriate depth; no other measure is a good indicator.
chris