Sprinkler system fuse

The 0.75 amp fuse on my Sprinkler system controller (Hunter SRC for residence) keeps blowing off everytime I try to run the sprinkler system. I visually checked the first station's wiring and did not find any shortcircuit. How can I figure out what the problem is? Any advice is welcome. Thanks

..solo

Reply to
Solomon

The first thing you should try is disconnecting all the wiring from your stations (labeling each one first), then run the system and see if the fuse blows. If it doesn't blow, you probably have a problem external to the controller. If it still blows, you either have a bad transformer, or your controller is bad. Using a multimeter, the transformer should put out somewhere around 23-28 volts AC. If you think the problem is external, hook the stations up one at a time, running each one, until you find the one that blows the fuse. That station probably has a bad valve that needs to be replaced. Or you can check each station individually while it is disconnected. Using a multimeter on the Ohms scale, check the resistance of each station wire against the common wire. They all should be close, probably around 50 Ohms or more, but if you find one that is much lower than the others, you've probably found the one that is bad.

Reply to
RoyDMercer