Sprinkler Help

Hi All,

I was reading some other posts and someone mentioned they had a web site that would be very helpful along with some other tips on installing a sprinkler system by a do-it-yourselfer. I will be adding to a current system that is already there. A sprinkler system is something I have never done and the lessons learned and other info would be great. Right now there are three zones connected to a six zone system, but only two work and I do not know how to figure out which one belongs to what number on the timer box without cutting wires until I find the right one. Also I want to add three other zones to have a complete working six. We just bought this house and are doing a lot of landscaping and will need all six zones.

Thanks for any info provided. John Murrieta, CA.

Reply to
John

If you can remove the cover of the control box, you'll get access to the wires. But you should be able to manually start each zone so you can determine which zone is which. One thing I learned with my last house (and first sprinkler system) was that you can only have one zone on at a time, so when I turned all 5 on, nothing happened.

You'll need to do some type of volume and pressure test and the local supply store can help you out there. I found that the local sprinkler supply (Scotts Valley Sprinkler, thanks guys), were helpful and would answer my questions. You need to check out the location of the siphon valve, since it needs to be above the sprinkler heads, so they'll drain properly and work properly.

Good Luck. It's not that hard to do with just a couple of tricks to learn.

Reply to
Jim Sullivan

Hi John,

Try

"Drip" also has a website. Do a websearch for their name or "drip irrigators".

Ala> Hi All,

Reply to
Alaininsd