Source for inexpensive (but decent) lawn sprinkler system?

Hey all,

I think I want to install an automatic lawn sprinkler system because I'm basically too darned lazy and forgetful to water the lawn manually. Does anyone have a good recommendation for these, or would I end up spending more time futzing with it than just watering the damn lawn by hand (or letting it completely go to pot)?

I'd rather install something that is of good quality than try to save $5 and have to redo the whole thing in 2 years.

Reply to
John Harlow

There is basically 4 elements to an automatic sprinkler system. You can mix and match these elements because, in general, everything is compatible. The elements are:

1) Controller

2) Underground pipe (usually PVC or Polyethylene).

3) Valves

4) Sprinkler heads

The most important aspect of a good system is the installer. A well installed system will serve you well for many years. A poorly installed system may not cover all of your areas and may malfunction down the road resulting in costly repairs. You can pretty much count on an occassional problem with a sprinkler head, but they are fairly easy to either clean or replace.

I like the Rainbird brand of components, but there are other brands which are good also. I have a Rainbird ESP controller, which I like very much. The Rainbird stuff might be a little more expensive than other brands.

Reply to
RoyDMercer