snapper lawnmower problem

Hello all,

I have a 6yr old Snapper Self-propelled lawnmower. It now starts cold with no problem. When warm if you stop to empty the grass bag and start it up generally no problem. If you take more than 3-4 min to restart it will not start until it has sat for more than 30min. This problem started in the early spring and continues now that the temp is over 90-100. I have taken it to have service but they are not able to fix. They tell me no problem at the shop, but I think they are restarting immediately after shutting off. We mow my yard and my parents who live across the street. After mowing my yard and refilling with fuel and checking the oil this is enough time to not restart without setting for 30min after getting the mower to my parents home.

Help

Lee

Reply to
kramer

You didn't say what brand of motor but I would guess when the motor is warm there is a float in the carb. that sticks and floods the engine. If there is a shut off in the gas line try closing it until you get reeady to restart it.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

Or the heat might be restricting the gas from flowing (should be able to tell by checking the plug) - if so try blowing hard in the gas tank - I mean press your mouth tight against the opening and blow as hard as you can.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko