Snapper Lawn Mower Oil Change

I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug. How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Reply to
dave

It's usually on the bottom of the engine, in the deck blade area.

Reply to
do_see

That is what I have always had on my other mowers. No drain plug on the bottom, and nothing on the side (like my snow blower)

Reply to
dave

Go to

on Publications, and fill in the model number. You'll see a manual with instructions.

Reply to
Abe

Well son of gun! It said to turn the mower upside down and drain through the fill hole. Thanks for the web site!

Reply to
dave

Most of the newer B&S engines don't have a drain plug. You have to turn it over. I think they save about 25 cents by eliminating it.

Reply to
Art

My new Briggs has a drain plug, and a short drain pipe to boot

Clark

Reply to
Clark

I'm laughing my ass off, LOL, oh yea, laugh out loud too.

My new Sig should be "look out for ten inch sticks! they are lawn tractor killers" I'll have an update this Friday or Saturday (like anyone cares)

Clark

Reply to
Clark

It used to be a long drain pipe, but was met by a 10" pine twig. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
jacko

Some of us are laughies some are laughers, we all have our turns.

Clark

Reply to
Clark