Slug and snails

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some plants)
Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?
Thanks in advance
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:26:37 -0400, " Fisherman"

I heard getting them drunk, so you can take advantage of them really works. :-p
Seriously, I was told placing small plates of beer out will draw them to it. They will drink and drink and be unable to get out and drown. Just have to make sure you clean out the bowls regularly, so the dead ones don't tip off the new ones of the trap.
hth,
tom
**************** http://www.Intertainia.com *********** Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com *******************************************************

Yes, slugs like beer, but apparently, they also like dead slugs, so just leave the dead slugs in the dish. Lee Valley has an high tech version of a dish for slugs:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&pageD726&category=2,2190,33120
--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington

Either "Sluggo" or "Worryfree" slug and snail works the best for me. It is environmentally safe and safe for pets and birds. And it REALLY WORKS.

Thanks to all