Slug and snails

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some plants)

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Fisherman

I heard getting them drunk, so you can take advantage of them really works. :-p

Seriously, I was told placing small plates of beer out will draw them to it. They will drink and drink and be unable to get out and drown. Just have to make sure you clean out the bowls regularly, so the dead ones don't tip off the new ones of the trap.

hth,

tom

****************
*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME

Yes, slugs like beer, but apparently, they also like dead slugs, so just leave the dead slugs in the dish. Lee Valley has an high tech version of a dish for slugs:

Jim Sullivan

Commerically available products, i.e., Ortho's Slug Bait (pellet or flake form) works for me. If you have outdoor pets, you might want to sprinkle them around the affected plants when the pets are not around. Follow directions on the box when using.

Reply to
evolutionman 2004

Reply to
Soildean