slowing dying hedges

My hedge bushes have been slowly dying over the last 6 months, they turn brown on the outer edges of the bush then yellow and die, I've tried trimming back the dead spots and even applied an insect soap thinking a bug had gotten into the roots. It seemed to work for a bit, but now the bush is dying again (guess I just slowed the process). If pictures are needed to ID the problem is there a place to post them? any help will be greatly appreciated and acknowledged Thank you from the roots

Reply to
Don

Some possibilities:

-Root rot from too much water.(many possible causes)

-activity that cut roots.

-overspray from herbicide.

-disease

-old age

Reply to
Red

Thanks for the help Red the bushes are about 10/12 years old guess its just time to replace them.

Reply to
Don

Could you tell me/us what variety of shrub/hedge you are using - it would help. Regards Data

Data

I don't know the name of the bushes, they are just evergreens like you see around most homes to "hide" the utility boxes and such about 4 ft high and 6 ft wide with needles about 3/4 to 1 inch in length. I asked a neighbor this week who has lived here since the 60's and he thinks they have been here about 20 yrs. we have been here 6 yrs so ..........

Reply to
Don

Ask the neighbor what they are instead of how long they've been there.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John