slowing dying hedges

My hedge bushes have been slowly dying over the last 6 months, they turn brown on the outer edges of the bush then yellow and die, I've tried trimming back the dead spots and even applied an insect soap thinking a bug had gotten into the roots. It seemed to work for a bit, but now the bush is dying again (guess I just slowed the process). If pictures are needed to ID the problem is there a place to post them? any help will be greatly appreciated and acknowledged Thank you from the roots
--
Treasure Every Day For it Could Be Your Last
Don

Some possibilities: -Root rot from too much water.(many possible causes) -activity that cut roots. -overspray from herbicide. -disease -old age

the bushes are about 10/12 years old guess its just time to replace them.

Could you tell me/us what variety of shrub/hedge you are using - it would help. Regards Data www.Gardenseeker.com

around most homes to "hide" the utility boxes and such about 4 ft high and 6 ft wide with needles about 3/4 to 1 inch in length. I asked a neighbor this week who has lived here since the 60's and he thinks they have been here about 20 yrs. we have been here 6 yrs so ..........
Don wrote:

Ask the neighbor what they are instead of how long they've been there.
--
Art

Does it get those tender red berries that are suppose to be poisonous? The berries are about a quarter inch wide with a blackish center. I am a layperson but, I think they call them a yeu. Nothing killed the ones in my yard, but then I didn't have the same kind of water issue.