Skunk in trap

Had a skunk in a hav-a-hart trap at home this morning. Unfortunately Chief (our Dalmation) found it before I did and got sprayed a little. I let it out without getting sprayed and squirted a water hose on it to chase it over to my neighbors. They aren't as tasty as woodchuck or opposum.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I had this problem once several years ago. Exterminator wanted $200 to come out and get it. I was at work and wife put on rain gear and opened trap and let it out. She did not get sprayed. I heard later that a confined skunk will not spray. Your dog probably goaded it too much. Maybe throwing a plastic tarp over it and taking out some place in a pickup bed would have got it out of area. Frank

Reply to
Frank