shredding

I have just ruined my Mountfield shredder. Over adjusted it and smashed the insides to 100 pieces. I over adjusted it by accident because I was unhappy with its performance. Any green material just clogged it up and small thin items hardly got crushed and came out all stringy. So the question is, there seem to be three types of shredder. The mountfield had a single rotating, toothed device that was supposed to crush and cut. it did not. then there are the two rotating blades and the two screw type cutters. Any views on these systems. There does not seem to be anything on the internet just sales patter, not advice. any helpful advice gratefully received

Reply to
MarK out of Ten

I have just ruined my Mountfield shredder. Over adjusted it and smashed the insides to 100 pieces. I over adjusted it by accident because I was unhappy with its performance. Any green material just clogged it up and small thin items hardly got crushed and came out all stringy. So the question is, there seem to be three types of shredder. The mountfield had a single rotating, toothed device that was supposed to crush and cut. it did not. then there are the two rotating blades and the two screw type cutters. Any views on these systems. There does not seem to be anything on the internet just sales patter, not advice. any helpful advice gratefully received

PS sorry if this is duplicated but free.teranews is a bit of a shit server

Reply to
MarK out of Ten

OK cancel that I purchased a Bosch with a screw type cutter. It is much better than the Mountfield.

Reply to
Brass Monkey