Seaweed extract

Hi Im new here.

My grandma has been taken ill and ive taken over the care of her lawn.

I want it to look great when she comes back, and I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he recommends using Seaweed extract as a growth promoter.

Used alongside fertilizer.

Has anyone got any experience with using this stuff?

Regards

Green Shoots x

Reply to
Green Shoots

A well documented feedsource. Masses of information about it on line. Have a look at 'Turf Shop - UK Turf Suppliers: Turf'

Maxicrop Liquid lawn Fertiliser. Regards.

Reply to
David Fogg

Maxicrop. I highly recommend it--though I usually only use it on the vegetable garden and newly transplanted perennials and shrubs. It would probably work a treat on the lawn as well.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks for the reccomdations.

I have suggested the products to my friend he is a farmer and I thought maybe these are what he uses on his crops.

He said what I need is something called Kelpak, although its only avaliable to Farmers.

He said it promotes root growth which in turn promotes growth of the Corn or or in my case Grass.

He said this stuff is high in a hormone called Auxin. (never heard of it) unlike other extracts which are high in something else, erm cannot remember what he said now.

This sounds really interesting, I dont think my grandma will be allowed to walk on her lawn when im done lol

Green shoots x

Reply to
Green Shoots

Anyone know where you can get Kelpak?