Sears Self Propelled Mower

I need help! 21 inch mower, has new plug, filter, etc pull start. Will not start, but will start, after a few pulls with a dose of ether. After running and warm up, starts fine. Tried everything......any suggestions Thanks.

Next time, don't buy a Craftsman. I have one and it's a piece of crap.
Last year I had the same problem you're describing. I can't remember for sure what it needed, but I think it was the carburator. This year it was the pull rope. It's only 3 years old, and it seems something is always going wrong with it. It's always been difficult to start. My shoulder/arm is always sore by the time I get it started.
Brigitte