Sears Mower won't start.....

Hello everyone...
I have a 5.5 Hp mower that ran out of gas. I filled it and now I can't get it started. I checked for gas at the carb. I also checked for spark. Tough to see but got it. Gas is new....Plug is clean, shiny and gapped at .030 as required. Help........Thanks
Marc wrote:

Spark plug wire connected?
Does the plug spark when you turn the engine over? (remove plug, leave lead attached, rest the plug body against the negine (DON'T HOLD IT!) and watch for a spark across the gap as you turn the engine).
Could try removing the spark plug, pouring a thimblefull of petrol into the hole, and putting the plug back in - that sometimes brings mine to life after the winter storage.
Yes I did have spark...I put a little bit of gas into spark plug hole and it fired right up..... Ran Great. Thanks...never even thought of it. Have a great, safe holiday.