Scotts Spreader

Greetings I have a Scotts Evengreen lawn feeder - it has an adjustable feed rate, set using a screw device. I have no information on the rate retlating to the numbers on the setting device - can anybody assist please?

-- Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson

Reply to
Richard Wrigley

on 10/12/2007 11:18 AM Richard Wrigley said the following:

Most fertilizer and weed control products have the spread rate for various types of spreaders written on the bag.

Reply to
willshak

Sounds like this is an older Scotts spreader and I don;t recall seeing that model listed on any lawn product bags. You could try Scotts website. Or if the spreader isn't in great condition, buy a new one, they only go for about $40 or so.

Otherwise, get some fertilizer and set it at a med to med-low setting. Apply a know qty of fertilizer to a known area. Then you'll know what rate that settting is and can record it and go from there.

Occasionally I run across something that doesn't have my spreader listed either. I have enough experience that I can just wing it and adjust it as I go, based on how fast I see it going down.

Reply to
trader4