Scotts Spreader

Greetings I have a Scotts Evengreen lawn feeder - it has an adjustable feed rate, set using a screw device. I have no information on the rate retlating to the numbers on the setting device - can anybody assist please? -- Richard.
"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson
on 10/12/2007 11:18 AM Richard Wrigley said the following:

Most fertilizer and weed control products have the spread rate for various types of spreaders written on the bag.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Sounds like this is an older Scotts spreader and I don;t recall seeing that model listed on any lawn product bags. You could try Scotts website. Or if the spreader isn't in great condition, buy a new one, they only go for about $40 or so.
Otherwise, get some fertilizer and set it at a med to med-low setting. Apply a know qty of fertilizer to a known area. Then you'll know what rate that settting is and can record it and go from there.
Occasionally I run across something that doesn't have my spreader listed either. I have enough experience that I can just wing it and adjust it as I go, based on how fast I see it going down.