Ryobi Mower BMM2400 test with 24volt 75 AH battery?

I have recently received an old Ryobi cordless rechargeable mower. I was told the mower works, but it needs a new battery. The correct battery for the mower is a 24 volt 15 amp/hour battery.
Before buying the correct battery for this mower, I am wondering if I can safely test the mower first by connecting it up a 24 volt 75 AH battery that I can borrow.
Thanks.
In theory that should work. But, I would not try to use the mower's battery charging system. If the larger battery demands more charge current, this may damage the charger. This also depends on the design of the charger.
Jerry G. =====
On Jun 15, 11:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@siwc.com wrote:

I agree, but I doubt it would hurt the charger. A battery doesn't "demand" charge current. It is more or less a constant voltage source with some resistance. And, the charger needs to be able to deal with a fully discharged battery in any case.
--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/ Repair | Main Table of Contents: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/ +Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm | Mirror Sites: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Sure, even a 12V car battery will work fine to test it, motor will run a bit slow but you'll know if there's a noisy bearing or burned out motor.
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:46:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@siwc.com wrote:

No problem. Just make sure it is near full charge if possible.