Rust in the lawn

My lawn has a pretty good case of what I believe is called "Rust". This is in the Seattle WA area. I've been told to just fertilize to keep it growing, but the problem continues even when I do. Does anyone know of any other ways to treat for or avoid this problem?
Bob

Bob F;747382 Wrote:

I had the same problem in my lawn with my lawn just recently as i hadn't been mown for a few weeks. It's fine just now since it's bee mown. Rust usually appears around this time of year, but if you loo after the lawn by mowing regularly and feeding then you shouldn't nee to treat with anything.
There's some information about 'rust disease here (http://tinyurl.com/23r6l3 ) which you might find useful.
HTH
Hele
-- Helen R