round-up then grass seeding

going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down grass seed???

Reply to
Brandon Herlein

5 to 7 days should be enough.
Reply to
GFRfan

Yes, 7 days is fine. Howver, it's getting late to be seeding a new lawn in Iowa. Early fall is by far the optimum time, followed by early spring. Be prepared to do a lot of watering, and you'll have serious competition from weeds.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Good point. But I've had fair results seeding before the end of May here in central Iowa. It's been pretty cool this year.

Reply to
GFRfan