round-up then grass seeding

going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down grass seed???
Brandon Herlein wrote:

5 to 7 days should be enough.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

Yes, 7 days is fine. Howver, it's getting late to be seeding a new lawn in Iowa. Early fall is by far the optimum time, followed by early spring. Be prepared to do a lot of watering, and you'll have serious competition from weeds.
Chet Hayes wrote:

Good point. But I've had fair results seeding before the end of May here in central Iowa. It's been pretty cool this year.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman