Roadside Asterisk is killing my lawn

I live in North Texas about 30 miles north of Ft. Worth. A couple of years ago these little flowers started to appear in late August and early September. They would bloom for a couple of months and then seem to disappear. Now they have taken over about 25% of my lawn in various places. They leave a dark ugly baren color after they bloom and are now spreading. I talked to a kid at the local gardening store and she said it was Roadside Asterisk. You have to spot treat it with weed killer that will also kill the grass. She suggested I wait until the grass is dormant but does this weed go dormant as well. She also said that pre-emergent and other particle weed killers will not work on it. I tried to do an on-line search of Roadside Asterisk but got nothing. Anybody know if this stuff goes by another name or have any alternative resources or suggestions I can use?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
JimO

Try searching for Roadside Aster or Wayside Aster.

Reply to
Doug G

Yeah, sounds like the one I have. I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking of just taking a couple bottles of Round Up and just spray it all. I might be able to pull it from the sod since it's only in certain places because the root system is so tight. Either way, it's only a matter of time before it kills my entire yard.

Reply to
JimO

Reply to
Renee Burry