Riding Mower, Mulching Blade and Leaves Question

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of my Snapper Riding Mower for picking up leaves that I hope somebody might be able to answer. For some time, I have been thinking of using a clamshell attachment with a hose to pick up the many oak and maple leaves that fall from my neighbor's yards on to my property. The problem however is this: my Snapper dealer has told me that although the leaf attachment works very well with a regular (non-mulching) blade, that is not what I have on my machine. I don't feel competent to change the blade and having somebody else do it (even the dealer) does not seem to be possible at this time either. And thus, my question: would the attachment's performance with a muching blade be so bad that it would not be worth the trouble and cost of getting it? Many thanks, in advance, for any guidance or advice that you might be able to offer.

Christopher

Reply to
como1982

Based on that "I don't feel competent" statement I suggest you just hire some local yokel to do your leaves.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

That is going to be a matter of opinion.

I suggest you buy it along with the bagging blade, but try it with the mulching blade first. If you are happy with it then hang the bagging blade on your garage wall. If you're not happy with it find somebody that can switch the blade for you.

Reply to
Art

I'd try it with the mulching blade. My Lawnboy, which mulches, will bag grass or leaves. Mulching attachment just blinds of chute and is removed for bagging. Blade is not changed.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Hire somebody. Learning the differences and reasons will just confuse you.

Reply to
Jason A Piwowar