Riding Mower - Flat Tires

I have six acres to mow and I am using two used riding mowers. The problem is that we just bought this land and it had a LOT of stickers on it. Now I get LOTS of flat tires. I have tubes in them (now). The question is: If I took out the tubes and filled the tires with Great Stuff would that hold the mower up? I could drill two holes in the tire and fill from one side till it came out the other. Other than hard solid tires, I don't know what to do. How about the Slime? Anyone think I should put that in all tires?

thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Personally I would just use slime. It works rather well. I would be worried that you would under/over fill the tire with great stuff (expandable spray foam) and cause yourself problems. I would also think that the foam would be firm enough to hold up the mower, but over time as the foam gets repeatedly compacted the tire would loss volume.

Reply to
Timothy

Slime is the way to go. Great stuff will not cure inside a tire.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Slime 'em. I have about 50 pneumatic tires of various kinds and sizes around the house. Long time ago, used to always have one or more flat. The fun starts if the bead seal breaks.

Most of mine are tubed and slimed, but all are slimed.

Reply to
RB