Riding Lawnmowers

Where can I find a Website where people have built attachments for their Riding Lawnmowers?

This week while on vacation, My wife bought me a new welder (the other one was stolen), My kids and I built a "Dozer blade" for pushing large tree limbs and other stuff around the yard. And to knock over large ant mounds. It doesn't do real Dirt Grading - I tried... =)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If by "riding lawnmower" you mean one with a pot metal transaxle, you shouls forget about it. They won't stand for much "heavy" work.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Holy Cow! You have ant mounds so big you need a dozer blade to knock em over?!?

One word: Orthene

Reply to
GWB

LOL... Dozer Blade as a type of device/attachment only on a much smaller scale. I have a Sears 22 HP - 54" cut - I do 2 acres in 2.0 hrs If you look in the catalog and find "Snow Blade" it's similar to that. but the blade is a 6" wide U-Beam cut into 5' section. It was a fun build. It attaches to the mower like the rest of those front-end attachments do. goes on easily and comes off easily. And ant mounds in Texas are bigger!

I could take a snap-shot of it and post it on the Web if you'd like to see it...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Here ya go..

General Discussion - Fun Build

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ant mounds should be treated with Amdro or similar as is. Knocking over the mounds causes them to go elsewhere, but not far.

If safe, no burn ban in place, I did learn a method when I was young on destroying harvester ant mounds/beds. Dump 2-4 gallons of gasoline on the mound entrance. Let it soak in as you dump it. Let it soak overnight. Put another gallon on it the next day. Let it aerate for about 10 minutes. Light her off. If done correctly, you should hear a "thump" underground.

Reply to
Noncompliant

and if not done correctly, just call 911 for an ambulance.

Reply to
Art

LMAO!!!

It's True! I've done it when I was a kid...

Reply to
Dave

LOL bring back the dursban!

Reply to