Riding lawn mower problem

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens. If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly. If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated. THanks

If you are sure it is a fuel pump problem - put an electric fuel pump in. On one tractor I have it on a separate switch so I can turn it on and off as needed. I get mine (low pressure) at NAPA. However it might have more to do with the float than the pump.
I had a similar issue when there was water in the fuel.
The fuel tank in the mower had a slight depression to hold small amounts of water and other debris at a level below the fuel pick-up. But, once there was enough water in the tank, the water would overflow the depressed area on hills and the like and the mower would stumble and possibly die.
It took several frustrating mowing sessions to figure that one out.
KB

Jack wrote:

Does it smoke when it slows down?
Yes, but not a great amount.