Riding Lawn Mower Advice

Dude, this is Tri-Gen, you just kinda go with the flow :-)

There's at least a certain consistent directionality after each flush .....

Reply to
.p.jm

if Containment had only been possible, spillage from Apex all the way to Wakeforest...

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Minimum, about 12 to 14. More is often better.

Well, you can buy one 10-year John Deere for WAY too much money, or three 5-year el cheapos from Lowe's/HD for the same amount. (Inflation considered; and those three would likely still cost less than the one JD.)

Skip the automatic transmissions completely, but make sure the clutch is a separate pedal from the brake. (Today, most of them have the throttle on the "dashboard" - and enviro rules require running flat out. I'd like to choke the idiot who designed the "clutch/brake". Nothing is so much fun like going to fifth gear - and always from a dead stop....)

Reply to
Dweezil Dwarftosser

I would Hope not . Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Not sure what 'new' means; woudl you consider a used mower? If so, your choice will be a bit more limited. I do think used is a good option.

- Susan (still thrilled over my recent aquisition of a FREE 8HP chipper! Love the Land Shark!)

Reply to
Susan Hogarth

I dunno, I have this vision of the end of Fargo...........

Anyway, if I were looking for a good used mower I would certainly be browsing the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill (and Cary too!) Craig's List

classifieds.

Reply to
me

I just wonder who she's been feeding to the chickens!

Reply to
Dweezil Dwarftosser

No, But I've driven past Toad Suck, AR and Toad Suck Ferry, AR. Never had the guts to actually go there though....the visuals it brings......yech!

Reply to
KW