Ride-on problem

One or two of those safety switches should probably be left intact..they don't call them idiot switches for nothing.

Reply to
Steve

If you know what you're doing you can get the best bargains ever at Home Depot and Lowes. I bought 2 slightly damaged landscape trailers for the price of one - fixed one in the parking lot with a piece from the other - and got the 2nd fixed at no cost with a replacement part from the manufacturer. - I bought a returned and fixed Troybilt tiller for 1/5 the original price - and a trailer load of broken bags of potting soil / manure, etc for $20 - and a whole box of asparagus plants for the price of one. - plus I have a never ending supply of pallets for kindling, compost bins, and firewood racks. I have to look out for #1 - and I couldn't make out like that at a "small business".

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

If you bought it from a John Deere dealer, the answer is just a phone call away. Sounds like (engagement knob?) you are turning on the blades before starting. JD have a disconnect that only allows you to do this when the engine is running, probably prevents the engine from starting -- never tried it this way on mine.

Reply to
EXT

The engagement button is down (disengaged). It wouldn't even turn over if it were pulled up, and the engine does turns over....it just won't stay going.

I'm guessing it's a choke/throttle adjustment problem that should have been caught when they did the PDI...but they didn't. Home Depot is going to arrange for the repair shop guys to come all the way out here to look at it. If it's an easy adjustment/fix, I'll keep it. If they can't figure it out or need to bring it into town to repair, I'll get Home Depot to exchange it for another one.

Other than Home Depot, no John Deere dealer within a thousand miles.

Reply to
JustMe1978a

The engagement button is down (disengaged). It wouldn't even turn over if it were pulled up, and the engine does turns over....it just won't stay going.

I'm guessing it's a choke/throttle adjustment problem that should have been caught when they did the PDI...but they didn't. Home Depot is going to arrange for the repair shop guys to come all the way out here to look at it. If it's an easy adjustment/fix, I'll keep it. If they can't figure it out or need to bring it into town to repair, I'll get Home Depot to exchange it for another one.

Other than Home Depot, no John Deere dealer within a thousand miles.

Reply to
JustMe1978a

Just to update: Home Depot came out to look at it. They couldn't get it started at all. Checked plugs etc (he commented that there wasn't much of a gas smell there). They finally gave up and they're sending me out another one next week...and I asked buddy to make sure the PDI is done this time.

Thanks for all the help

:)

Reply to
JustMe1978a