Renting an excavator

Anybody had any experience renting a mini or compact excavator ? What to look out for contract wise ? Thinking about renting for a week.
You give them some money and take it home. You have to agree to their terms or you don't get the machine. If something happens you will probably have to pay for the damage. The last time they offered damage waiver insurance for $50 or so a day. I paid it. Didn't cover some of the really stupid things an operator can do to damage the machine like trying to dig thru the tracks. I hauled mine which probably increases the ways it can be damaged.

In my case, they give it to you fueled. Have to give it back that way, or they charge for refueling. It was delivered by the rental facility by trailer, and picked up. They called it a "Bobcat". Don't remember the specifics of the rental contract. Used it for light clearing, and moving soil/rocks. Excavating around and pulled some small tree stumps. Make ready site use for home builder. "Bobcat" is topheavy. Stay away from inclines unless heading directly at or away from incline. Dave

Thanks - I hadn't thought about the fuel.