Removing stains in toilet bowl?

I have brownish stains around inside top of toilet bowl. What is an easy (but effective) way to remove them?

I tried a recommended 'trick' of using coca cola, but could find no way to keep the bowl filled to the top so the coca cola could 'soak'. I don't know if that would have worked anyway.

What do you do?

Thanks

Reply to
geezer

Get a rust remover product made for that purpose. The home centers have them, usually in the plumbing area, or else with cleaning products. They are amazingly effective, just squirting it on will make moderate stains disappear in seconds.

Reply to
trader4

Will try

Thanks

Reply to
geezer

Use a product called "Iron out". Dump some in the tank, let sit. Dump some in the bowl, let sit, then scrub the stains with the iron out in the water.

Works pretty good.

Kirb

Reply to
kirbseepe

I tried everything for years and nothing worked. Finally, "The Kerry(sp?) Brothers" radio program pointed me to oxalic acid. "Stainless Steel Cleaner" (spray can) and "Bartenders' Friend" are two products. The problem is that the stains are permangantes, not rust (iron oxide).

Reply to
Stubby

Depends on where you live.

Kirb

Reply to
kirbseepe

And just how do I get the water to stay in the bowl - filled?

TX

Reply to
geezer

You don't. That is what scrubbing with the water in the bowl is for.

Kirb

Reply to
kirbseepe

Okay - It's just that most of my stains are just under the top lip of the bowl.

Thanks

Reply to
geezer