Removing small roots from lawn

Well, you seem to already know all the answers. Why bring it here?

Reply to
richard fiser

I've probably laid more sod, in the past year, than you've laid in your entire life. I've never seen a sod farm pull 4" of soil on either a "big roll" or a pallet. Never. As in not one time. Sound's like *you're* the one that doesn't know how to 'transplant healthy grass'.

Apparently not, if you're replacing sections of thinning sod.

You act like bent's kid. Are you related?

Maybe I'm not. *shrug* But, at least I understand the interactions and reactions of different flora. That's quite a bit more than can be said for yourself.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

No, it's not. It's called piss-poor planning. "Landscaping" would entail mulching the trees out to their driplines. This would be the end of the dying and thinning grass problems, due to the pH of the soil being off, for the proper environment for the sod. But, I'm sure your trailer will look just fine with the grass around the dying trees. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

I been reading Eggs for over a year and he is one of the very few posting in this group who actually displays an in-depth understanding for plant life.

you jeffc on the other hand, well, thanks for the entertainment.

Reply to
Jim

You don't have a clue my friend. You didn't listen to a word I said and you have no idea what I'm talking about. You only want to say what your preconceived ideas are that fit your limited experience. Just stay out of the conversation next time.

Reply to
jeffc

I'm not a sod farm idiot. Sod farms don't transplant 4" of soil. I do. It captures

1) more "topsoil" 2) more healthy root of established grass

I'm not transplanting rolls of sod, I'm transplanting small chunks by the shovel full to patch small areas.

You're not. And you're close minded and presumptuous as well.

Reply to
jeffc

I'm not a sod farm and I don't have to follow their rules. The more dirt you transplant with the healthy grass the better, especially since the soil is better than the soil it's replacing. Obviously they don't do it that way with sod farms. If you'd been paying attention, you'd understand the difference between what I'm trying to do and what a sod farm does. Use your head.

Reply to
jeffc

your word selection of "Because the grass sod coming in" implies you are receiving a shipment of sod.

Reply to
Jim

I have much more of a clue than you do, which becomes more obvious with each post you make. Keep entertaining us, please.

Oh, I've listened, with great amusement, to the fact that *you* have no idea what you're talking about. Again, this becomes more obvious with each post you make.

My 'preconceived ideas' follow industry standards. Your 'preconceived ideas' begin and end in your own little, feeble mind. Your lack of experience with flora showed with your OP, and continues to show each time you hit the send button.

If you want me 'out of the conversation', killfile me. Otherwise, kiss my ass. I'll be in the conversation as long as you keep spewing drivel.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

No, you're right. You're not an sod farm idiot. You're just an idiot.

No, that would be you. How many people have responded, agreeing with your method? How many have responded, telling you that your method is incorrect?

Case closed. *You're* the closed minded, presumptuous idiot, not me. ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

No clue whatsoever what the hell I'm talking about. Keep assuming, and posting bullshit.

Reply to
jeffc

No, it doesn't. Nice try, but you're clueless too.

Reply to
jeffc

You got out of your book learning and comfort so fast you have no chance of thinking on your feet. You have basically no idea of the situation. Keep spouting your canned BS though, you talk a good game.

Reply to
jeffc

OK :)

Reply to
Steveo

Exactly. So why did he make it that?

It was "touched upon" in my very first post, to wit: "several feet square"

It wasn't that I didn't get an answer I liked, it's that he didn't answer the question I asked. He answered the question he wanted to sound like a know-it-all about.

Reply to
jeffc

Boo Hoo.

Reply to
Steveo

WTF are you talking about? You're the one who brought it up Einstein.

Reply to
jeffc

You whine too much.

You're the one who brought it up Einstein.

You really are a clueless fucknut, jeff.

plonk

Reply to
Steveo

Yeah right. You're reading every post, and you know it.

Reply to
jeffc