Recommendation please - gasoline engine driven leaf blower

My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?
Thanks.
nospamplse wrote:

Shindiawa and Stihl make the best quality hand held and backpack blowers, IMO.
--
Art

Art said:

We have both at work. Our Shindiawa backpacks are older, and I prefer them. The Stihl's are much quieter, but I guess I'm so used to the two-handed operation of the Shindaiwa. A lot of the guys like the Stihl. I have a Stihl hand blower at work (new, don't have model number with me), and it's sweet!
I guess I'd have to "second" the motion, tho. Shindaiwa or Stihl would be the way to go.
--

Eggs

What's another word for thesaurus?
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

[....]
[....]
I'm going to put a 'third' in for both Shindaiwa and Stihl products.
Stihl BR400 back pack - 100% great tool Stihl SH85 is a hand held blower great for the small jobs and easily converts to a vacuum shredder that bags. the SH85 is great for removing leaves from flower beds with out disturbing the mulch. also makes quick clean up when doing hedge maintenance.
I have a Red Max backpack which is along the same lines as the Shindawa. Same manufacturer? Either way it's a great machine.

Top posting fixed.
Jeff wrote:

> I have a Red Max backpack which is along the same lines as the Shindawa. > Same manufacturer? Either way it's a great machine. >
No it's not the same mfg. Shindaiwa does not private label for anyone. While it is a good machine it's nowhere near the quality or performance of the Shindaiwa backpacks.
--
Art

I have a hand held Echo and works pretty good. Other than what were already mentioned, also consider Husqvarna. The deciding factor for me was what my local store had at the time - the top brands are priced about the same anyway. Look at what the pros use in your area. You should also consider where the local service is located too - no need to drive half a day just to get it fixed.
i like the ones that have the carb and fuel lines out in the open,easy to get to. because they need replaceing about every 3-4 years.been runnin a homelight hand held since 1986. i know the echo ,stihl ,shindowa are more high performance, but i get alot of used homelights given to me because you can buy a new one for about what a carb and fuel line job costs.lucas