Re: Zoysia Lawn

Zoysia is great! Put in the plugs and your will have a thick green yard in 2-3 growing seasons. You should only have to water the first year. its good to -30 degrees. go for it.

Why anyone concerned with -30 temps would want Zoysia is beyond me. A neighbor here at the NJ shore has it. Their lawn turns brown in Oct and looks like hell all fall, winter and half of spring. It stays that way till late May. My tall fescue/blue grass looks spectacular in the fall and stays a deep green usually into January. It greens up again in early April.
Plus it's aggressive and will spread everywhere, including beds, driveways, etc.

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Chet Hayes) wrote in

It's a weed!! Why would one want a yard full of weeds and call it grass?

I agree...and I have it. It was already in my front yard when i bought the house 8 years ago. It looks spectacular right now, but in October thu May I may as well live on a hay farm.