Re: To kill a pine tree...

Bart wrote:

I had the same problem. I wrote the neighbor and his insurance company a certified letter. The letter stated that the tree was infested with pine bettles (It wasn't, but it would be his experts word against my experts word), and that if it fell on my house and caused damage it be due to negligance and not "an act of god". The tree was cut the next week. Good luck.
--
Jethreo
In our state you don't have to ask to cut limbs over your property - it's actually your reponsibility. I'd trim half the tree away for starters.

TREES HATE COPPER....COPPER NAILS IN THE ROOTS MIGHT TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM...I CAN'T BELIEVE A CARING NEIGHBOR WOULDN'T HELP WITH THE PROBLEM FIRST.
ECU68 wrote:

OH God.. don't do the salt!! I did that and it left a terribl
yellow/white ring around everything in the area.. grass.. weeds.. man. it looked deliberate. There are a lot of ways to kill the darn thing Keep bumping the roots with your lawn mower and oops! Don't you se bug infestation right there that needs spraying?
I killed a couple of my trees/bushes by accidently pouring Muiatic Aci off the side of my deck. AND it had been diluted with water!! It starte showing signs of distress aobut two weeks later. I KNEW what I had don and had to pay for it... you could try that. These tree huggers haven' a clue what you are going through. I do.. And I am going to do what can to 'get it' done.. sue me...
-- Willow200
Hey Bart, I feel your pain!!! Stop listening to Tim the tree hugging
Liberal, take down the tree that I know is making your life miserable Just because you wrote in a blog that you want to do it isn't ground for evidence. That would have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt dont be seen and you should be ok. Hey Tim, mind your own business u sissy!!
Bart Wrote:

-- pipersweat7
Hi,
Bart, we have EXACTLY the same problem with our neighbour and a 70-80f Cedar. Same needles, same gutter same roof, same car issue, and worse The neighbours tree has a Protection Order, which means just to tri it, an arbourculturist (sp) and an environmentalist must agree that th trim would benefit the tree. All for around 500 dollars. (Just fo permission!) then the owner has to pay for any work done. We woul gladly pay for it, but she doesn't see the problem because th prevailing winds littler our garden with all the droppings. On difference here is it's a cedar and no pine cones. BUT PLENTY O NEEDLES! We have two German Shepherds, and they need to go outside couple of times a day, and each time they come in, so do 10-5 needles.
We would not be unhappy if the tree should decide to pass on to th next life, or be bumped off by a third party hitman.
Cheers
Ka
-- kalstras
ESGie Wrote:

Sorry m8 but the tree is 70-80ft tall and the "Green bits" are 30-50f up the tree. Roundup is a lovely idea, but probably not going to kil the behemoth of a tree..
-- kalstras
kalstras Wrote:

Pity - I have shares in Roundup ;
-- ESGie