Re: Snapper Walk Behind Mowers??

wrote:

I've a Snapper walk behind. I've had it for nine years now. This year it started on the third pull after winter storage. The tank was dry. I've not changed the plug during this time but change oil and sharpen each year whether it needs it or not, ha!
I paid about $500 for it. The blade is a direct connect to the shaft. It has a recycle blade. I overheated it once and since then it does use some oil; maybe a half quart during a season.
Works fine for a long time.
Thunder

How did you overheat it?

Overheated by trying to cut grass that was too tall.
Thunder

Rubble fields do not make good meadows. If you can't set the cutting blades on the mower high enough to miss the rocks, then (A) Switch to a sickle-bar mower, (B) Truck in dirt to bury the rocks, and then clear them over the years as they float to the surface. (C) fence the area and buy about 3 sheep and a goat. (D) Build a dam and flood the area every couple years, drowning the plants that you don't like. (E) Clear the perimeter, mow that, and burn the middle off. Plant blueberries.
--Goedjn
Goedjn wrote:

I would suggest that if they have the money, they certainly can choose to wreck as many blades and mowers as they want. It may not be the choice brighter people would make, but if they've got the money, let them waste it.
--
Warren H.

one can cola, one can beer, one cup liquid soap, and one cup ammonia and spray with a 20 gallon sprayer. Thatching only needs to be done if thicker than 3/4" and mulching, if done right, doesn't cause thatch.
A can of beer is a lot cheaper than buying or rentals. Or, at least American beer, ha!
Thunder