Re: Preventing Urine burn? Is it possible somehow?

Dogs are territorial, they would probably piddle in the property corners or the edge of the lawn if there were other dogs around. To help them, this may require some training and/or supervision.

What you should do is take them out on a leash when they are really ready to go, then walk them to the corner of the yard. Put some sand or soil down, or if the corner has a sign post or a fire hydrant then let them go there. They should get the idea.

So I've moved to my new home and my land lady was gracious enough to put > down a sod lawn in the front yard which is really small, maybe 20'x20'. But > I have two dogs and they have no where else to relieve themselves but on the > lawn. It's only been like 6 days since they layed the sod and already I can > see a couple patches of burn marks. > > I went to the pet store, and they said the only thing is pills, but at > $16.00/200 pills and having to give the bigger dog 4 pills a day and the > smaller dog 3 pills a day, it's cost prohibitive. > > I've tried going behind them when their down and soaking the area that they > urinate on, but that hasnt seemed to help any yet, Im wondering if it's > because it's fresh sod, or if soaking the spots with water doesnt do any > good. > > Any home remedies that can be given to the dogs to help with this? > > Thanks, > > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
<dablldoya

Very good advice. We did that with both our dogs. Spent about a week of leading them back there. The one dog is 10 years old and he won't go in anyother spot, now. Got a 10X10 area that they go to. Makes cleanup easy too.

Reply to
GFRfan

Thanks everyone for your advise.

Ive decided to give the pills a try for the moment, since it's about $150.00 a year for both dogs, Im going to try it for a month or two and see if they work, if not I'll send in for a full refund.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

My cousin has been using the pills on his golden retriever for about a half of a year. I don't know if it's reduced the number or not, but he's still got plenty of yellow spots in his lawn. ; )

seve

Reply to
Steve Wolfe

Man-- if you are getting a burning sensation when you pee, you need to go to the health dept and get a shot.

Stay away from your old lady-- you don't know where she's been.

Reply to
Oscar_lives