Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

See the sky about to rain? ($1 Neil) :)

Reply to
Steveo

nice porch swing.

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Speaking of rain, don't jinx it, man! It's been an effin' drought here. They're talking about maybe a multi-day soaker. Figures, heh. I'm trying to kill my lawn off, in order to install irrigation and resod the entire thing. Rain's gonna screw that all up. I'll take it though, for all the garden beds. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Nice porch window.

Reply to
Steveo

I hear ya man, we need it here too. It almost never falls at the perfect time, and it is always much appreciated over here, up until the flood stage..

You may need to hit it again soon if it still has foliage on it, or maybe not.

I'm slowly killing the euonymous on the side of my barn in preparation for paint this fall. Vine from hell is down and -almost- history now. I kinda let it take over though so it's my fault.

Reply to
Steveo

I did not see a porch window in the picture.

Reply to
Jim Ledford

I haven't hit it with anything, yet. I've just been scalping it and not watering it, heh. I was going to spray it this weekend, until I saw the rain coming. Guess I'll hit it sometime this week. Should be ready to level my yard [1] and sod in October.

Did you plant the euonymous there? =P

[1]. I've two big depressions, where idiots that owned my property previously thought it would be a nice idea to plant an Ash about 6 feet off the corner of the deck (which is already fully covered), and a maple about 15 feet from the back of the deck. I'll never understand why people don't research trees, their MATURE size, and their growth habit, BEFORE they decide on a species. Taking down fully mature, healthy trees because the planter wasn't very bright, just drives me nuts.
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I don't think Steveo saw the picture. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

No but I think he saw the window when throwing a brick through it!

Reply to
Mike

Yeah I got flats of it for free about ten years ago and it flourised along side my barn, the roots are huge like that of a tree now. A real pain to get rid of it.

I know what you mean, I had the same thing with a big silver maple here when I bought this place. The tree was planted in 1979 as a foundation planting!!! sheesh it was a real mess getting rid of it and repairing the damage it caused.

Reply to
Steveo