Re: New sprinker system for lawn -- need advice

Hi --

> > I am redoing my lawn and i wasn't planning on putting sprinkler system > for my lawn. While talking to my friend, he mentioned that, if i don't > want to spend lot of money on sprinkler system, i can put one > sprinkler on the back side in the center of the lawn, which covers > most of my lawn.He mentioned that, it costs significantly less than > the normal sprinkler system installation. > > After talking to him, i started thinking about it.. > If i can put one sprinkler to cover the back side of my lawn (with > little money), i can do the front side (which is not too big) by > myself, and it will reduce my work significantly. Back side of my > house is like a rectangle (65 X 70) and i live in cleveland OH. > > Just wanted get some opinion on this.. > are there any pros and cons for this system and any body know how much > it costs.. > > Thanks for your time > Anil >

Hi Anil, if you're gonna bother putting in a partial system, you might as well do it all. The material is the cheap part.

The only thing that is a bit of a challenge is going under the driveway and sidewalk(s). You can rent a vibra machine that has the long spud drill power takeoff on the front, to get under obstructions. It also doesn't tear up the turf real bad. It pulls the plastic pipe with a chinese finger, while it vibrates and slices the soil.

If you only do part, you'll be going back to do the rest. ;)

Reply to
Moparholic

I agree with that advice. You could save some money by just doing the front or the back, but your not going to save much by not doing it right, which just involves a few more sprinkler heads and pipe. I had a 10000 sq ft system, 7 zones, put in a few years ago for around $2300.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I will try to get an estimate this weekend and see how much it costs to do it.

Anil

Reply to
anil chada

You can do it yourself if you're at all handy. Use the estimate to find out how many heads, and how much pipe you need.

Good luck.

Reply to
Moparholic

Thanks for the post..

I will update the thread once i get the estimate. The guy is coming this friday.

Thanks Anil

Reply to
anil chada