Re: New sprinker system for lawn -- need advice

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (anil chada) wrote:

you might as well do it all. The material is the cheap part.
The only thing that is a bit of a challenge is going under the driveway and sidewalk(s). You can rent a vibra machine that has the long spud drill power takeoff on the front, to get under obstructions. It also doesn't tear up the turf real bad. It pulls the plastic pipe with a chinese finger, while it vibrates and slices the soil.
If you only do part, you'll be going back to do the rest. ;)
--
GO# 40
I agree with that advice. You could save some money by just doing the front or the back, but your not going to save much by not doing it right, which just involves a few more sprinkler heads and pipe. I had a 10000 sq ft system, 7 zones, put in a few years ago for around $2300.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmailnospam.com wrote in message (anil chada) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Chet Hayes) wrote in message (anil chada) wrote:

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I will try to get an estimate this weekend and see how much it costs to do it.
Anil
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (anil chada) wrote:

to find out how many heads, and how much pipe you need.
Good luck.
--
GO# 40
snipped-for-privacy@hotmailnospam.com wrote in message (anil chada) wrote:

Thanks for the post..
I will update the thread once i get the estimate. The guy is coming this friday.
Thanks Anil