Re: Lawn weed.Pesky!!

Looks like field violet. Selective herbicides won't do the job, as you have already discovered. You can either start digging or try dabbing pure, undiluted roundup on the leaves with a Q-tip. I have to confess that I haven't actually tried the roundup on this weed, but suspect it will work. Perhaps someone else in this group has tried it.
Peter H
looks like the dreaded wild violet.. depending on how big the lawn and how many..try pulling these up by hand..not very deeply rooted and come right out.. do a section a day and before long their numbers will dwindle